Gold Canyon residential home sales in April 2017 saw a small increase in the number of home sales for the month, over the count we saw in March. Also the number of sales was a few more sold than what we have been seeing for the April time-frame in the past two (2) years. It would appear that in April we saw more ‘snow-birds’ taking the opportunity to purchase a home before they head back to their homes for the summer.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this April (2017) sold for a few dollars per square foot higher than we saw last month, but the average was still right in the range of what we have been seeing during this past year.
April 2017 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in April with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- April 2017 home sales showed 65 homes sold. Two (2) of the recorded sales this month were a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in April 2017 was $150.03.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in April 2017 was $295,942.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during April 2017 was 292 homes.
- Based on the 292 homes on the MLS this is a 4 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
As we move into the hot summer weather what will happen with our home sales in the area? History has shown us that there will likely be fewer sales per month in the coming summer months ahead, as has been the case during summer for the past several years. But only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)