Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for August 2011 were up slightly from the July 2011 sales figures. This should not be considered to be a new trend as the slight elevation is due to the homes that sold during August being somewhat larger and therefore a bit more pricey.
The average price per square foot for “distressed” homes in August 2011 was also up slightly from July 2011 figures. But again one should not read into the slightly higher number to mean the “distressed” properties have started an upward trend.
August 2011 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- August 2011 sales at a glance shows a very slight few more Gold Canyon homes sold in August 2011 than in July 2011. August 2011 sales were 28 and July 2011 sales were 22. (Of note, August 2010 saw 30 homes selling during that same time period. )
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in August 2011 was $98.39 – slightly up from July 2011’s sales price averages which was $92.09.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in August 2011 was $223,057, which was up from the July 2011 averages of $180,665.
- Distressed properties – of the 28 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in August 2011, there were 15 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in August 2011 was $87.16, slightly up from the July 2011 average of $82.54.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during August 2011 – there were 230 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 230 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 8 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed.)
(Note there were 2 additional home sales that happened in August 2011 which we did not count in the averages for August, as to do so would have simply skewed the numbers completely put of being averages altogether. The uncounted 2 homes that we did not count in the averages were sold for well in excess of $1+++million dollars — homes that were completely one of a kind.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)