Gold Canyon residential home sales in August 2016 showed fewer sales than July. But by comparison, this August showed almost the same number of sales we saw in both August 2015 and 2014 – so if we look at the ‘seasonal’ comparison, this August’s home sales lined up with what we have been seeing in prior August reporting periods.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this August is skewed a bit high as there were a couple way-above-average homes that sold, which made the average price per square foot show a bit higher than would have been the case without those non-average high end sales being factored in – but if you account for this, basically the average price per square foot is about the same as before.
August 2016 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in August with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- August 2016 home sales showed 21 homes sold. There were no “distressed” sales this month for the 2nd month in a row – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in August 2016 was $151.26.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in August 2016 was $349,042.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during August 2016 was 194 homes.
- Based on the 194 homes on the MLS this is a 9 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we continue through the summer months into the Fall season? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)