Gold Canyon residential real estate sales in December 2015 showed fewer home sales than have typically been sold in similar December reporting periods during the past 2 years. There were 22 homes sold this December. In December 2014, 35 homes were sold, and in December 2013 there were 39 homes sold. Also, interesting, the average price per square foot for homes sold this December showed to be a bit less, by a few dollars, than the average price per square foot for homes sold in December 2014. But the average price per square foot for December 2015 was the highest we have seen since March.
December 2015 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in December with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- December 2015 home sales shows 22 homes sold. Two of the sales were a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in December 2015 was $151.41.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in December 2015 was $327,509.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during December 2015 was 336 homes.
- Based on the 336 homes on the MLS this is a 15 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we continue into the new year? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)