Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for February 2012 were up from January 2012 numbers. But basically the increase is merely seasonal, as the number of homes sold during February 2012, was exactly the same overall number sold in both February 2011 and February 2010 as well. While the actual number of sales was the same, the price per square foot of the homes sold is down. So in general, the sales are consistent with the seasonal time frame – same as the past two years, but the overall price is still showing it is losing ground.
February 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Information is provided by Benjamin Realty LLC, your local Gold Canyon and East Phoenix Valley Realtors.
- February 2012 sales shows 46 homes sold. Of these 46 sales, 14 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in February 2012 was $105.75 – down from January 2012’s sales price averages which were $108.98.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in February 2012 was $215,389, which was down from the January 2012 averages of $245,779.
- Distressed properties – of the 46 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in February 2012, there were 14 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in February 2012 was $77.47, down from the January 2012 average of $88.89.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during February 2012 – there were 328 homes on the MLS. This is less than the number showing on the MLS in January 2012, which was 337.
- Based on 337 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 7 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)