Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for July 2011 were down from the June 2011 sales figures. The average price per square foot of homes sold during July 2011 was also down from June 2011. The average price per square foot for “distressed” homes was up slightly from June 2011 figures, but was not as high as some prior months has shown in this category, meaning do not read into the slightly higher number for the “distressed” properties in July to be a new trend.
July 2011 – Real Estate Stats –Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- July 2011 sales at a glance shows fewer Gold Canyon homes sold in July 2011 than in June 2011. July 2011 sales were 22 and June 2011 sales were 33. (Of note, July 2010 saw 31 homes selling during that same time period and in July 2009 there were 42 homes selling in the same time slot.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in July 2011 was $92.09 – down from June 2001’s sales price averages which was $103.17.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in July 2011 was $180,665., which was down from the June 2011 averages of $278,078.
- Distressed properties – of the 22 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in July 2011, there were 16 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in July 2011 was $82.54, slightly up from the June 2011 average of $71.17.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during July 2011 – there were 243 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 243 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 11 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)