Gold Canyon Arizona real estate stats for month ending September 2010 show a continuing market downturn. Fewer Gold Canyon homes were sold during the month than past months. The homes selling were at a lower average sales price. The average price per square foot of homes sold was also less. Both “traditional” sales as well as distressed home sales showed a decrease for September 2010.
September 2010 – Real Estate Stats — Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
September 2010 sales at a glance shows that fewer Gold Canyon homes sold in September 2010 than any single month since January 2009. The average price for homes sold is the lowest since June 2009. The average price per square foot for homes sold is lowest since October 2009. The average price per square foot for distressed homes is the lowest since October 2009, as well. What this tells you folks is that home prices are not going up likely any time soon. If you are a buyer this can be good news for you, but for sellers, not so much.
- In the Gold Canyon Arizona area, 28 homes sold in September 2010.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in September 2010 was $99.92.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in September 2010 was $209,560.
- Distressed properties – of the 28 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in September 2010, 18 of the properties were “distressed”***. Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in September 2010 was $91.79.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during September 2010 – there were 334 homes on the MLS. This is a higher number of homes on the MLS than other months since May 2010. Part of this increase can be attributed to some home owners who may have taken their homes off the market for the summer and who have now placed them back into the MLS, as the winter visitors begin to arrive back into the area, hoping to take advantage of more potential buyers arriving into the area.
- Based on 334 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is a 12 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)