September 2014 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
September saw some shifts in the market from the past few months. There was an increase in the number of “distressed” sales for the first time since October 2013. (“Distressed” means a home that was either a short sale or a foreclosure at the time it sold.) Also the average price per square foot of traditional sale homes was down to the level of October 2012. As the weather cools we may begin to see returning “snowbirds” and seasonal residents and visitors which will likely result in additional home sales in our area.
Let’s review below what happened in September with real estate sales in the Gold Canyon area.
- September 2014 home sales shows 19 homes sold. Of these 19 sales, 7 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in September 2014 was $112.36.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in September 2014 was $206,153.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during September 2014 – there were 203 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 212 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 11 month inventory of homes.
What will be the real estate trends in the during the coming Fall and Winter months? Will the additional snowbirds and seasonal visitors who will be returning to the local area as the weather becomes cooler change the real estate market somewhat? No one knows for sure — stay tuned as we continue to report monthly information.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)