Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for July 2013 are experiencing the summer slump that happens every summer in the area. With fewer people visiting in the area or in house-hunting-mode when temperatures soar above 100++ degrees there are fewer people looking at homes and therefore fewer sales.
July saw the fewest home sales since last October 2012.The average sales price was less than we have seen since last January 2012. Of the sales that did happen, there were a few more distressed than the prior month, but they were generally in line with the type of numbers we have been seeing. However the average price per square foot of distressed homes sold was significantly less.
July 2013 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- July 2013 home sales shows 26 homes sold. Of these 26 sales, 7 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in July 2013 was $118.96.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in July 2013 was $236,940.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in July2013 was $88.02.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during July 2013 – there were 172 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 172 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 7 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)