Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for August 2013 continued to show sales numbers that are symbolic of the hot summer temps in Gold Canyon and Arizona. There were fewer sales than prior months. There were even fewer sales for an August reporting period than the same time frame for the past 2 years. But as a positive note for sellers the average price per square foot for the homes sold was up a little bit in August, from prior months, both for traditional sales, as well as distressed sales.
August 2013 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- August 2013 home sales shows 14 homes sold. Of these 14 sales, 2 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred. (As a comparison, August 2012 showed 37 sales for the time frame with 12 of them distressed. And in August 2011 there were 28 sales for the month with 15 of them being distressed. So this August with the 14 sales is considerably less for the August reporting period than the same time slots in the past 2 years.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in August 2013 was $134.44.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in August 2013 was $318,023.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in August2013 was $114.75.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during August 2013 – there were 184 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 184 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an13 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution. )
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)