Gold Canyon Arizona’s December 2022 home sales continue to be quite sluggish with only about half the number of homes sold when compared to the same reporting period a year ago. The average price per square foot for homes sold in December 2022 was about the same as the prior month.
December 2022 – Real Estate Sales – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in December 2022 to Gold Canyon area real estate residential home sales.
- December 2022 only recorded 26 homes sold in the Gold Canyon area during the month. There were no distressed home sales – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot of homes sold in December 2022 was $282.05.
- Average cost of Gold Canyon Arizona homes sold in December 2022 was $541,650.
- Number of Gold Canyon Arizona homes on the market during December 2022 was 152 (MLS).
- Based on 152 homes listed on the MLS – it’s a 6-month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
- December 2022 residential home sales in Gold Canyon only saw about one-half of the number of homes sold during the December 2021 reporting period.
Interest rates are continuing to affect potential buyers’ ability to buy the homes of their choice. Both resale homes and new home sales are being impacted. New home sales continue to be affected by rising costs for materials, shortages of materials, and labor shortages. But demand for homes is still there — so if you are thinking of selling, there are buyers looking.
Sellers in this market, in most cases, do need to do more in preparing for potential buyers than home sellers had to deal with only a few months ago – when buyers were snatching up listings within hours of being placed on the MLS. Sellers will benefit from handling needed repairs and doing what they can to ‘spiff’ up their homes before they place their homes on the market.
What will our area see regarding home sales as we continue throughout spring and the new year ahead? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Note — the above information only reflects home listings and sales in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The Gold Canyon area has various new home builders, as well as custom builders that are actively building and selling homes. Builder-constructed homes are NOT referenced as part of the above numbers, because they are not listed in the MLS. Additionally, homes sold utilizing selling services not a part of the MLS are not included in referenced numbers. If a home sells that is not listed on the MLS, the information related to that sale is not included in this information.)