Gold Canyon Arizona’s September 2023 home sales increased over the reported sales for August 2023. The number of September 2023 homes sold was about the same number as last year – September 2022. The average price per square foot for homes sold in September 2023 was similar to the price reported during the prior month.
September 2023 – Real Estate Sales – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review September 2023 Gold Canyon area real estate residential home sales.
- September 2023 saw 21 homes sold in the Gold Canyon area that were listed on the MLS. No distressed home sales were reported- (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- The average price per square foot for homes sold in September 2023 was $263.64.
- The average cost of Gold Canyon Arizona homes sold in September 2023 was $499,605.
- The number of Gold Canyon Arizona homes on the market in September 2023 was 144 (MLS).
- Based on 144 homes listed on the MLS – it’s a 7-month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
- September 2023 residential home sales in Gold Canyon saw almost the same number of homes sold as were sold during the September 2022 reporting period.
Issues of the rising cost of living, and worries about job stability, are causing some folks to think more before considering making a significant purchase. Rising costs for home building materials, shortages of materials, costs of materials, and labor shortages — all affect new home sales. This all said, there is a continuing rise in new home construction. The Pinal County area is seeing a significant amount of new construction, with more still to come.
Demand for homes is there — if thinking of selling – buyers are looking
Despite rising interest rates for home loans, there is still significant demand for seller-resell homes. There are cash buyers out there, not worried about loan rates. But compared to the days when interest rates were lower and homes were more rapidly selling, current sellers may need to prepare their homes a bit more. The market has changed from the days when buyers were snatching up listings within hours of being placed on the MLS. Sellers will benefit from handling needed repairs and doing what they can to stage homes before putting them on the market.
What will our area see regarding home sales as we continue through fall and into winter? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Note — the above information only reflects home listings and sales in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The Gold Canyon area has various new home builders, as well as custom builders actively building and selling homes. Builder-constructed homes are NOT referenced as part of the above numbers, because they are not listed in the MLS. Additionally, homes sold utilizing selling services not a part of the MLS are not included in the referenced numbers. If a home not listed on the MLS sells, that sale information is not included in this information.)