Let’s review what happened with real estate in Gold Canyon Arizona for month ending April 2010.
April 2010 – Real Estate Stats –Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- April 2010 stats for Gold Canyon Arizona Show Fewer Sales. After the increase in home sales Gold Canyon saw in March 2010, April sales showed a drop off in numbers. In the Gold Canyon Arizona area, 36 homes sold in April. This is a drop in home sales for a 30 day period over March 2010 when 73 homes sold. A year ago in April 2009 there were 37 homes sold – so the sold homes for April 2010 are on track with a year ago.
- Price per square foot for sold homes edged up slightly. The average Gold Canyon Arizona sales price per sq foot in April 2010 was up ever so slightly from the March 2010 averages. The average price per square foot of Gold Canyon sold homes in April 2010 was $118.32 – in February 2010 it was $111.95.
(Note – in February the average was $118.94. These slight average changes are because in a given month there may be some larger/more pricy homes sold, or smaller/less pricy — but generally speaking prices for home sales in the area are remaining rather consistent.)
- Average price of homes sold. The average price of sold homes in April 2010 in Gold Canyon Arizona was $278,898. The average price of homes sold in March 2010 was $248,648.
- Distressed properties. Of the 36 sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in April 2010, 16 of the properties were “distressed”***. A year ago, April 2009 saw 37 homes sold with 15 of those being “distressed”. The number of “distressed” home sales this year is running right about where it was a year ago. The average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in April 2010 was $95.84. Buyers all want the bargains. (You can see why, if you are someone who is thinking of selling your home in this market, that your price has to be extremely competitive in order for buyers to even consider your home.)
- Number of homes on market. During April 2010 there were 365 homes on the MLS in Gold Canyon Arizona. April 2009 saw 449 homes on the market, as comparison. Based on current sales activity the 365 homes currently on the market are considered to be a 10 month inventory of homes in the area.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)