Home Sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for April 2011 were down from the March 2011 sales figures. There were significantly more sales in April 2011 than we saw a year ago for the same time period, April 2010. Home sales for the month saw some higher-end homes selling which caused the average price per square foot of homes sold in April 2011 be slightly higher than the March 2011 average price per square foot sales. However the average price per square foot of “distressed” homes sold during April 2011 was down significantly over the averages for “distressed” sales in March 2011.
April 2011 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- April 2011 sales at a glance shows fewer Gold Canyon homes sold in April than in March 2011. April 2011 sales were 58 and March 2011 sales were 69. (Of note, April 2011 only saw 36 homes selling during that same time period.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in April 2011 was $108.40 – up slightly from March’s sales price averages which was $105.57. This increase can be attributed to the fact that the homes sold were of slightly larger size and should not be considered as a sign the market is really going upward.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in April 2011 was $252,026, which is also down from up from the March 2011 averages of $213,014.
- Distressed properties – of the 58 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in April 2011, there were 22 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in April 2011 was $75.85, down substantially from the March 2011 average of $91.05.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during April 2011 – there were 302 homes on the MLS. (Note some listings have gone off the market due to the season. Often times there are sellers who will opt to remove their listings from the market in Arizona during the summer months.)
- Based on 302 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is a 5 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)