Gold Canyon Arizona real estate stats for month ending August 2010 did not change much from the July 2010 stats.
August 2010 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
August 2010 sales at a glance show they are pretty much in line with where July 2010 sales were, but a deeper investigation show that is the case because a few higher-end homes sold during the month that somewhat artificially inflated the averages. Without the higher-end home sales, the more average, middle range, home would see their numbers down for the month. The numbers also show a decline in sales prices from a year ago in August 2009.
- In the Gold Canyon Arizona area, 30 homes sold in August 2010. In July 2010 there were 31 homes sold. A year ago in August 2009 there were 33 homes sold.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in August 2010 was $105.31. The average price per square foot of Gold Canyon sold homes in July 2010 was $105.52. In June 2010 the average was $107.34.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona
- The average price of sold homes in August 2010 in Gold Canyon Arizona was $266,953. (Remember this average number for the past 2 months has been somewhat artificially inflated because the averages have been skewed upward as a result of the same of some upper-end home sales.) The average price of homes sold in July 2010 was $260,852. The average price of homes sold in June 2010 was $214,085.
- Distressed properties Of the 30 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in August 2010, 21 of the properties were “distressed”***. A year ago, August 2009 saw 33 homes sold for the month, with 16 of those being “distressed”. The average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in August 2010 was $95.24. (Again this number is somewhat artificially inflated because the averages have been skewed upward as a result of some upper-end home sales in the distressed category.) The average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in July 2010 was $90.68.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona. During August 2010 there were 307 homes on the MLS in Gold Canyon Arizona. August 2009 saw 383 homes on the market, as comparison. Based on current sales activity the 307 homes currently on the market are considered to be a 10 month inventory of homes in the area.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)