For month ending December 2009 here’s info about how the current Gold Canyon Arizona real estate market was doing.
December 2009 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance.
- The average sales price per sq foot continued to hover just above the $100.00 point, but was down a tad from November’s average price per sq foot stats of $108.02. December 2009 saw the average price per square foot land at $103.83 for homes sold in Gold Canyon in December 2009.
- The average price of sold homes in December in Gold Canyon was $216,632. The average price of homes sold in November 2009 was $270,969.
- The number of homes sold in December was 52, which is an increase over the 36 sold in November. (Of the 52 sold, 28 of the properties were “distressed”.) Seems a number of folks were making sure they closed on their homes before the end of 2009 in order to get their tax credits for year 2009. A year ago, December 2008 saw 17 homes sold with 4 of those being “distressed”. So the number of Gold Canyon homes sold in a 30 day period continues to be a lot better than a year ago. But as you can note from the stats, the number of “distressed” homes has risen rather significantly since a year ago.
- During December 2009 there were 411 homes on the MLS in Gold Canyon Arizona. December 2008 saw 432 homes on the market, as comparison. Based on current sales activity the 411 homes on the market are considered to be an 8 month inventory of homes in the area.
- In November 2009, 423 homes were listed for sale on the MLS in the Gold Canyon Arizona area. So the December 411 number of homes listed for sale on the MLS is slightly less for a 30 day period.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)