Gold Canyon residential real estate sales in January 2016 showed exactly the same number of homes sold (22), as were sold in December. By comparison, there were fewer homes sold this January reporting period, than in the previous two year’s January reporting periods. In January, the price per square foot for the homes sold was somewhat less, than what we saw happening in December.
January 2016 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in January with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- January 2016 home sales shows 22 homes sold. Two of the sales were a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in January 2016 was $140.16
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in January 2016 was $267,450.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during January 2016 was 389 homes.
- Based on the 336 homes on the MLS this is a 18 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we continue into the spring months? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)