Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for May 2012 were up from April 2012 home sales numbers. The number of homes sold during May this year surpassed the sales in May in each of the past two years – (2011 and 2010). The average price per square foot of the homes sold for May 2012 was slightly higher than for April 2012 and slightly higher than averages for both May 2011 and May 2010. This upswing in a pricing trend did not hold for the pricing of distressed** homes. While May 2012 distressed sales saw their price per square foot slightly higher than the April 2012 stats, the May 2012 price averages are less than both May 2011 and May 2010. But with more sales having occurred in May 2012 than is the norm for the same time period, and a higher average price per square foot for the homes sold (except for distressed) perhaps the market is finally starting to turn up for an upward trend. Will this continue? Only time will tell.
May 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- May 2012 home sales shows 56 homes sold. Of these 56 sales, 15 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in May2012 was $115.61.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2012 was $252,217.
- Distressed properties – of the 56 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in May 2012, there were 15 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in May 2012 was $88.81.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during May 2012 – there were 254 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 254 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 5 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)