September 2009 -Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona
- At a glance – average prices seem to have gone up , but with a closer look this is not really true. The average price of sold homes in September was $327,923. The average price of homes sold in August 2009 was $279,003. The reason this is not a new average price to get all excited about is that the average price is being skewed upward due to 8 of the 29 homes sold during the month being “behind the gates” in Superstition Mountain Properties. These are higher ticket homes and the fact 8 of the 29 homes sold were there has artificially inflated the monthly average sales price.
- The number of homes sold is down from the prior month with only 29 homes sold in September. August 2009 saw 33 homes sold. And a year ago, September 2008 saw 17 homes sold. So the number of Gold Canyon homes sold in a 30 day period continues to be better than a year ago, even though the number for September 2009 is down from August 2009 sales.During September 2009 there were 395 homes on the MLS in Gold Canyon Arizona.(In August 2009, 383 homes were listed for sale on the MLS.)
- The number of homes sold during September 2009 was 29. Of the 29 homes sold, 19 of these homes were “distressed” **. The average sales price of Gold Canyon homes for August was $327,923. (Based on the level of sales currently happening, it could potentially take 14 months to move through and sell the current inventory of active homes.)
- Let’s compare September 2009 with August 2009-Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona. Let’s look at how September 2009 compares to August 2009 sales in Gold Canyon. In August 2009 there were 383 homes on the MLS. The number sold was 33, with 16 of these being “distressed”**. The average sales price in August 2009 was $279,003.
- Comparison with September 2008-Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon. In September 2008 there were 384 Gold Canyon homes on the MLS listed for sale, with 17 selling. Of these 17 sales, 8 of the homes were distressed sales. Average sales price was $239,159. (In September 2008 there were potentially 23 months of inventory based on the sales rate at that time.)
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)