Gold Canyon residential real estate sales in September 2015 showed slightly fewer home sales for the month. The average price per square foot of the homes sold was up a bit from last month – but not yet back on par with the what we had seen the average to be in the spring months.
September 2015 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review below what happened in September with real estate sales in the Gold Canyon area.
- September 2015 home sales shows 22 homes sold. Of these 22 sales, 1 of these home sales were “distressed” when the sale occurred – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in September 2015 was $134.33.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in September 2015 was $267,254.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during September 2015 was 211 homes.
- Based on 211 homes on the MLS this is a 10 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we head into Fall? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
To clarify — we have had someone comment about the number of months of inventory of homes. When it is referenced that based on the number of homes on the MLS it is a certain number of months of inventory, this does NOT mean it would take you that many months to sell your home. The inventory of real estate at any moment is very fluid – homes are listed and come onto the market, and others sell, so therefore the the number of homes in inventory is a ‘moving target’. We merely reference the number of months of inventory as a bench-mark. Again this number does not relate to exactly how long it might take you to sell your respective home.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)