July 2014 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- July 2014 home sales shows 20 homes sold. Of these 20 sales, only 1 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in July 2014 was $140.15.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in July 2014 was $273,555.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during July 2014 – there were 212 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 212 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 11 month inventory of homes.
The trend still continues for fewer home sales as compared to the same months in prior years – but only by a few homes, this month. In July 2013 there were 26 home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area, and in July 2012 there were 27.
However despite fewer sales for the month — there is a increase in the price per square foot as compared to the July reporting period in the past couple years. July 2014 saw the average price per square foot come in at $140.15. July 2013 showed $118.96 and July 2012 showed $102.63. So while fewer sales, the over all prices have increased in the past couple years.
This is the same type of scenario that is being reported in other parts of the Phoenix Valley. Sellers are needing to drop their list prices in many instances to get a sale.
Will this trend continue? No one knows — stay tuned as we continue to report monthly information.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)