Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for June 2011 were down from the May 2011 sales figures.
The average price per square foot of homes sold during June 2011 was also down from May 2011 also – both for “regular” sales as well as “distressed” sales.
June 2011 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- June 2011 sales at a glance shows fewer Gold Canyon homes sold in June 2011 than in May 2011. June 2011 sales were 33 and May 2011 sales were 40. (Of note, June 2010 saw 37 homes selling during that same time period.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in June 2011 was $103.15 – down from May’s sales price averages which was $111.55.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in June 2011 was $278,078, which was up from the May 2011 averages of $251,532.
- Distressed properties – of the 33 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in June 2011, there were 14 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***. (This lesser number should not be interrupted to mean that there are actually fewer “distressed” homes in the area. The number shows less as there are some foreclosed homes that are bought at the “court-house steps” by investors and then are being resold. However when they show up as a sale now, they now show up as a “traditional” sale, as they are no longer a foreclosure, but are now being sold by the “flipper”. So the “distressed” homes are still a big part of the inventory picture, but they do not necessarily show up in the same manner.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in June 2011 was $71.17, down from the May 2011 average of $89.59.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during June 2011 – there were 268 homes on the MLS. (Note some listings have gone off the market due to the season. Often times there are sellers who will opt to remove their listings from the market in Arizona during the summer months.)
- Based on 268 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is a 8 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)