October 2014 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
October saw a local real estate market that is pretty typical of an October time-frame for the market. In the past few months we had been reporting the market was not matching our normal monthly history, in terms of sales. But in addition to the number of homes sold during the month being pretty typical for the time-frame, the average price per square foot for the homes that were sold is showing signs of moving upward a bit to be back on the track it had been on.
Let’s review below what happened this October with real estate sales in the Gold Canyon area.
- October 2014 home sales shows 27 homes sold. Of these 27 sales, 2 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in October 2014 was $132.86.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in October 2014 was $253,949.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during October 2014 – there were 273 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 273 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 10 month inventory of homes.
The seasonal winter visitors and “snow-birds” are pretty much back. Will this winter season be one when more seasonal visitors will buy a home. No one knows for sure — stay tuned as we continue to report monthly information.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)