Rentmatic.com is an on line tool we recently read about that has been created to help small landlords do the two things:
- collect rent from tenants via automatic withdrawals from the tenants’ bank accounts (no merchant accounts or PayPal needed); and
- communicate with tenants via bulk or group email blasts such as sending reminders, HOA or public notices that the tenant needs to be aware of
Landlords can set up a free account and the only cost is said to be $3.95 per month for each apartment/home that uses automatic rent payment. (Larger volume landlords with over 25 tenants can get a volume discount)
The service offers added features for landlords such as:
- Ability to upload information, documents and photos concerning the building/ home/ apartments.
- Monthly rent rolls showing total building revenue and tenant payments with any discrepancies highlighted.
- Ability to set up online rent applications along with links to them from Craigslist or other listings. The Landlord gets an email notice when an application is submitted online.
- Integration with Google maps.
- Archived history of all tenant/landlord e-mail communications
- Encrypted information when it is input
(Note – we are not involved with this project and have not personally used this service, but when reading about it, it seems like a service that many landlords might be able to utilize.)