Gold Canyon residential home sales in September 2016 showed significantly fewer homes sold than were sold in August. But by comparison, this September showed pretty much the same number of homes that sold in the September reporting period, both in 2015 and 2014 – so if we look at the ‘seasonal’ comparison, this September’s home sales lined up with what we have been seeing in prior September reporting periods.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this September was quite a bit less than we have been seeing in the entire 2016 calendar year.
September 2016 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in September with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- September 2016 home sales showed 24 homes sold. There were 2 “distressed” sales this month – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in September 2016 was $134.89.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in September 2016 was $274,147.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during September 2016 was 232 homes.
- Based on the 232 homes on the MLS this is a 10 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we continue through the summer months into the Fall season? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)