Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for April 2012 were down from March 2012 home sales numbers. However, the number of sales seems to be within the range that is typical for this time of year. This April’s sales are a bit less than a year ago – April 2011, but a bit more than two years ago – April 2010.
The average price per square foot of the homes sold for April 2012 was slightly higher than was the case for March 2012 and it was slightly higher than the averages for April 2011, but still showing less than the average price for the homes sold in April 2010. This pricing trend is similar with both non-distressed sales, as well as distressed** sales stats.
April 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- April 2012 home sales shows 44 homes sold. Of these 44 sales, 16 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in April 2012 was $112.07.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in April 2012 was $238,224.
- Distressed properties – of the 44 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in April 2012, there were 16 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in April 2012 was $87.04.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during April 2012 – there were 286 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 286 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 7 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)