Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for March 2012 were up from February 2012 numbers. But same as we reported for last month, basically the increase is merely seasonal, as the number of homes sold during March 2012, was within a couple sales of being exactly the same overall number sold in both March 2011 and March 2010 as well. In general, the sales were consistent with the seasonal time frame – same as the past two years, but the overall price continues to show it is losing ground.
March 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- March 2012 sales shows 67 homes sold. Of these 67 sales, 13 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in March 2012 was $110.79.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in March 2012 was $236,047.
- Distressed properties – of the 67 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in March 2012, there were 13 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in March 2012 was $86.75.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during March 2012 – there were 313 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 313 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 5 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)