Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for December 2013 showed more homes sold than in November. But before you begin to think that we are in a new trend of some sort, we need to point out that the number of homes sold in Gold Canyon during December 2013 is exactly the same number as showed as sold in December 2012. Also the number sold in December 2013 was fewer than the December 2011 reporting period. Generally speaking the number sold in December 2013 is pretty much in the same range as we see every December. Gold Canyon has a seasonal pattern for home sales that remains pretty consistent.
Prices per square foot of homes sold do continue to show they are on the rise however, so if you are a seller, this can be good news. Slowly they have been creeping upward. Of course for buyers, not such good news.
December 2013 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- December 2013 home sales shows 39 homes sold. Of these 39 sales, 3 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in December 2013 was $139.21.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in December 2013 was $285,964.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in December 2013 was $134.83.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during December 2013 – there were 307 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 307 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 8 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution. )
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)