Gold Canyon residential home sales in December 2016 showed about the same number of sales as were reported in November. By comparison, December 2016, showed 8 more homes sold than sold in the comparable December 2015 reporting period. Looking back 2 years, this December (2016) showed 5 fewer homes sold than were sold in the December 2014 reporting period. Basically this December’s residential home sales in the Gold Canyon area is pretty much right on trend with what is typically the case for December home sales in the area.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this December (2016) was only $2.00 higher than the average price per square foot price for homes sold in November, but this December’s average was $3.00 less than we saw last December (2015). So all that can really be said about the average price per square foot for homes sold in the area is that prices are remaining pretty much the same as we have been seeing for some time.
December 2016 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in December with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- December 2016 home sales showed 30 homes sold. None of the recorded sales this month were “distressed” sales – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in December 2016 was $148.80.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in December 2016 was $284,110.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during December 2016 was 327 homes.
- Based on the 327 homes on the MLS this is a 11 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we move into the new year? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)