Gold Canyon residential home sales in January 2017 showed a few more sales for the month than were reported for the December timeframe. By comparison there were more sales during the January 2017 reporting period than either January 2016, or January 2015.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this January (2017) was only $2.00 higher than the average price per square foot price for homes sold in December. So for the last 2 months the average price per square foot of homes sold in the Gold Canyon area has edged upward by $2.00 each month. But before you get too excited, the current average is not as high as has been seen in a few of the months during the past 2 years.
January 2017 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in January with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- January 2017 home sales showed 39 homes sold. Only 1 of the recorded sales this month was a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in January 2017 was $150.13.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in January 2017 was $299,326.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during January 2017 was 365 homes.
- Based on the 365 homes on the MLS this is a 9 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we move into spring? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)