Gold Canyon residential home sales in February 2017 showed a nice increase in the number of home sales for the month over what was reported for the January time frame. By comparison there were more sales during the February 2017 reporting period than either February 2016, or February 2015. It seems as though a number of our seasonal snow-bird visitors have been buying homes before they go back to their summer residences this year.
The average price per square foot for homes sold this February (2017) was $4.00 less than the average price per square foot price for homes sold in January. So while more homes were sold in February, they sold for a bit less dollars per square foot than we saw last month. The average price per square foot was more back in line to what we saw most of the past year.
February 2017 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in February with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- February 2017 home sales showed 56 homes sold. Only 1 of the recorded sales this month was a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in February 2017 was $146.57.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in February 2017 was $300,510.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during February 2017 was 387 homes.
- Based on the 387 homes on the MLS this is a 7 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market as we move into the hotter weather of spring? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)