Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for June 2012 were slightly up from the May 2012 home sales numbers. The number of homes sold during June this year surpassed the sales in June of 2011 and exactly matched the number of sales in June 2010. The average price per square foot for the homes sold in June 2012 was ever so slightly higher than for May 2012, but was definitely higher than averages for both June 2011 and June 2010. This upswing in a pricing trend also held for the pricing of distressed** homes. While June 2012 distressed sales saw their price per square foot slightly higher than the May 2012 stats, the June 2012 price averages are noticeably higher than June 2010 and slightly higher than June 2011.It seems that the trend for prices to be a bit upward is holding — at least for the past three months. Will it continue? Only time will tell.
June 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- June 2012 home sales shows 37 homes sold. Of these 37 sales, 10 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in June 2012 was $116.77.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in June 2012 was $266,523.
- Distressed properties – of the 37 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in June 2012, there were 10 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in June 2012 was $89.53.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during June 2012 – there were 222 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 222 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 6 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)