Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for July 2012 were down from the June 2012 home sales numbers. But they were pretty much on track with what has been the typical number of sales for this time of the season. When the temperatures soar above 110 degrees day after day after day there are simply fewer buyers who venture out in the hot summer months. The average price per square foot for the homes sold in July 2012 was lower than for sales in June 2012. But was higher than averages for both June 2011 and June 2010.
July 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a Glance
- Distressed** homes average sales prices were up a bit for July 2012, as compared to June 2012.
- July 2012 home sales shows 27 homes sold. Of these 27 sales, 10 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in July 2012 was $102.63.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in July 2012 was $202,170.
- Distressed properties – of the 27 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in July 2012, there were 10 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in July 2012 was $94.26.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during July 2012 – there were 196 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 196 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 7 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)