Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for August 2012 were up from the July 2012 home sales numbers. The average price per square foot for the homes sold in August 2012 was slightly higher than for sales in July 2012, but was not as high as May or June 2012. Distressed** home average sales prices were up for August 2012, as compared to July 2012.
August 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- August 2012 home sales shows 37 homes sold. Of these 27 sales, 12 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in August 2012 was $113.09.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in August 2012 was $234,686.
- Distressed properties – of the 37 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in August 2012, there were 12 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in August 2012 was $98.08.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during August 2012 – there were 186 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 186 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 5 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)