Gold Canyon saw a few more residential real estate sales in May 2015 than happened in May of 2014. However there were fewer sales in May this year than we saw on May of 2013. It is always interesting to compare the same month in previous year’s because Gold Canyon tends to see monthly patterns due to our seasonal visitors.
The average price per square foot for home sold was down somewhat from last month (April). The average price per square foot of homes sold in May were the lowest we have seen since January 2015. Also if we look at the average price per square foot from last May, a year ago, as comparison, this year’s average price was down from what we saw a year ago.
May 2015 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review below what happened this May with real estate sales in the Gold Canyon area.
- May 2015 home sales shows 47 homes sold. Of these 47 sales, 2 of these home sales were “distressed” when the sale occurred – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in May 2015 was $138.02.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2015 was $378,287.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during May 2015 was 327 homes.
- Based on 327 homes on the MLS this is a 7 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen in the local real estate market during the coming summer months? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)