Gold Canyon residential home sales in May 2017 showed about the same number of residential home sales as we saw last year during May 2016.
For the second month in a row, the average price per square foot for homes sold in May (2017) sold for a few dollars per square foot higher than we saw in the month prior, but the average price was still right in the range of what we have been seeing during this past year.
May 2017 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in May with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- May 2017 home sales showed there were 60 homes sold during the month. Only one (1) of the recorded sales in May was a “distressed” sale – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in May 2017 was $153.15.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2017 was $565,000.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during May 2017 was 260 homes.
- Based on the 260 homes on the MLS there is a 4 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
Will the coming hot summer months show a drop off in the number of home sales we see during these hot summer months, or will Gold Canyon be able to hold a steady stream of sales during the next few months? History has shown us that there will likely be fewer sales per month in the coming summer months ahead, as has been the case during summer for the past several years. But only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)