Gold Canyon Arizona real estate stats for month ending October 2010 show a continuing market downturn. Fewer Gold Canyon homes were sold during the month than past months. The homes selling were at a lower average sales price. The average price per square foot of homes sold was also less. Both “traditional” sales as well as distressed home sales showed a decrease for October 2010.
October 2010 – Real Estate Stats — Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
October 2010 sales at a glance shows that fewer Gold Canyon homes sold in October 2010 than any single month since January 2009. The average price for homes sold is the lowest since January 2009. The average price per square foot for homes sold is lowest since October 2009. The average price per square foot for distressed homes is the lowest since we began tracking distressed in October 2008. What this tells you folks is that home prices are not going up likely any time soon. If you are a buyer this can be good news for you, but for sellers, not so much.
- In the Gold Canyon Arizona area, 23 homes sold in October 2010
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in October 2010 was $98.54.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in October 2010 was $238,060.
- Distressed properties – of the 23 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in October 2010, 15 of the properties were “distressed”***. Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in October 2010 was $85.85.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during October 2010 – there were 373 homes on the MLS. This is a higher number of homes on the MLS than other months since April 2010.
- Based on 373 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is a 16 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)