Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for September 2011 were down from the August 2011 sales figures. Also the average price per sq foot of homes sold was down from prior months reports as well, for both “traditional” sales, as well as “distressed” sales.
September 2011 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- September 2011 sales shows fewer homes sold during September than in August 2011. September sales were 23 and August sales were 28. (Of note, September 2010 saw 28 homes selling during that same time period. )
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in September 2011 was $91.40 – down from August 2011’s sales price averages which was $98.39.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in September 2011 was $222,052, which was slightly down from the August 2011 averages of 223,057.
- Distressed properties – of the 23 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in September 2011, there were 12 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in September 2011 was $82.46, down from the August 2011 average of $87.16.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during September 2011 – there were 257 homes on the MLS. This is more than the number showing on the MLS in August 2011, which was 230.
- Based on 257 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 11 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)