Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for October 2011 were very slightly up from the September 2011 sales figures. Also the average price per sq foot of homes sold was slightly up from last month’s reports as well, for “traditional” sales. The average price per square foot for “distressed” sales was down slightly from the prior month. In general nothing much in the Gold Canyon Arizona housing market is changing.
October 2011 – Real Estate Stats — Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- October 2011 sales shows slightly more homes sold during October than in September 2011. October sales were 25 and September sales were 23. (Of note, October 2010 saw 23 homes selling during that same time period. )
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in October 2011 was $94.48 – up from September 2011’s sales price averages which was $91.40.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in October 2011 was $197,176, which was down from the September 2011 averages of $222.052.
- Distressed properties – of the 25 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in October 2011, there were 12 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in October 2011 was $80.72, down from the September 2011 average of $82.46.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during October 2011 – there were 298 homes on the MLS. This is more than the number showing on the MLS in September 2011, which was 257.
- Based on 298 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 12 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)