Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for December 2012 showed higher activity than November 2012 home sales. As has been the case for the past few months, the increase can be attributed to the fact the “seasonal visitors” are back to Arizona – escaping the cold climates where they live during the summer months. The average price per square foot for the homes sold in December 2012 was only slightly higher than for similar sales in November 2012. Distressed** home average sales were up for December 2012, when compared to November 2012, however they sold at lower cost per square foot prices.
December 2012 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- December 2012 home sales shows 39 homes sold. Of these 39 sales, 14 of them were “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in December 2012 was $126.29.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in December 2012 was $287,905.
- Distressed properties – of the 39 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in December 2012, there were 14 of the properties sold that were “distressed”**.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in December 2012 was $96.34.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during December 2012 – there were 294 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 294 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 8 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)