Residential home sales in the Gold Canyon Arizona area for June 2013 showed significantly fewer home sales than the area experienced in the past several months — 42 homes sold during June. The average price per square foot for the homes sold in June 2013 was up slightly from similar sales in May 2013. Distressed** home average sales were down for June 2013, when compared to May’s distressed homes sales. The average price per square foot of distressed homes sold was up a bit when compared to May 2013 sales also.
The fact there were fewer sales for June is actually pretty much in line with past years and the seasonal sales cycle that occurs in Arizona. When it is hot, 100+, typically there is always fewer sales for those months. For example in June 2012 there were 37 home sales for that monthly period and in June 2011 there were 33 home sales. So if looking at history, the 42 home sales for this June is actually showing better activity than past June time periods.
June 2013 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
- June 2013 home sales shows 42 homes sold. Of these 42 sales, 1 of them was “distressed” when the sale occurred.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in June 2013 was $129.36.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in June 2013 was $291.436.
- Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in June 2013 was $133.77.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during June 2013 – there were 178 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 178 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is an 4 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale”or one that has foreclosed. A “traditional” sale means there is not a bank involved, such as a short-sale or foreclosure. A “traditional” sale is with human owners, not a financial institution.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)