Gold Canyon residential home sales during March 2018 showed a significant increase in the number of home sales as compared to what we saw being sold in February. But based on the March selling periods in previous years, this pattern is exactly the same type pattern we have seen in previous March sales periods.
Typically the Gold Canyon area sees a number of winter visitors, aka, ‘snow-birds’ who have been here for the winter season decide they like this area and ending up buying a home before they leave to go back to their summer homes. This allows them to have ownership of something permanent to come back to in future winter seasons. March is sort of the time-frame when the winter visitors begin to think about their upcoming departure from our area, which is usually around April or early May. So March ends up being historically a time-frame when our area sees a higher number of sales than we typically see in other calendar months.
The average price per square foot for homes sold in March was down somewhat from previous months.
March 2018 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened during March with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- March 2018 home sales showed 63 homes sold during the month. There were no sales that were “distressed” sales – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in March 2018 was $160.33.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in March 2018 was $317,632.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during March 2018 was 299 homes.
- Based on the 299 homes on the MLS there is a 5 month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen with the Gold Canyon area home sales as we continue to move from spring and enter into summer? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)