Gold Canyon residential home sales during August 2017 were better than average for the time period. Compared to the number of home sales we saw last year, in August 2016, there were 10 more homes sold during this August — or a 30% increase in home sales.
The average price per square foot for homes sold in August was less than we saw last month, in July, and it was the lowest average average price per square foot we have seen since September 2016.
So a few more homes sold during August this year, but the homes sold for less price per square foot than last month in July, or in August, a year ago.
August 2017 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened during August with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- August 2017 home sales showed there were 31 homes sold during the month. Two of the sales in August were “distressed” sales – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in August 2017 was $142.56.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in August 2017 was $275,478.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during August 2017 was 208 homes.
- Based on the 208 homes on the MLS there is a 7 month inventory of homes, at the current rate of home sales.
What will we see happen with home sales as we move into Fall? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)