Gold Canyon Arizona in April 2020 saw fewer home sales during the month than are generally typical for an April selling period. It seems likely that the coronavirus and quarantine, along with seasonal visitors returning home earlier in the year than usual — all likely had an effect on reducing the number of home sales for the month. The average price per square foot for homes sold in April 2020 was only a few dollars higher than the prior month.
April 2020 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in April 2020 with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- April 2020 home sales saw 51 homes sold during the month. One distressed home sale occurred during the month- (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in April 2020 was $182.16.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in April 2020 was $396,730.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during April 2020 was 183 homes.
- Based on the 183 homes on the MLS there is a 4 month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen with Gold Canyon area home sales as we continue into summer? What effect will the Coronavirus issues continue to have on home sales? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Note — the above information only reflects home listings and sales that are in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The Gold Canyon area has various new home builders, as well as custom builders that are actively building and selling homes. New build homes are NOT referenced as part of the above numbers, because they are not listed in the MLS.
Also note, the ‘average price’ for homes and price per square foot are ‘averages’. Obviously since they are ‘averages’ there will be some homes selling for either less than, or for more than those ‘average numbers’. )
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)