Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2020 saw a fewer number of homes selling than other May selling periods. Perhaps we are seeing fewer home sales because of the coronavirus and quarantine. The average price per square foot for homes sold in May 2020 was less than the prior month.
May 2020 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened in May 2020 with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- May 2020 home sales saw 38 homes sold during the month. There were no distressed home sales during the month- (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in May 2020 was $177.32.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2020 was $396, 873.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during May 2020 was 189 homes.
- Based on the 189 homes on the MLS there is a 5 month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen with Gold Canyon area home sales as we continue throughout summer? What effect will the Coronavirus issues continue to have on home sales? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Note — the above information only reflects home listings and sales that are in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The Gold Canyon area has various new home builders, as well as custom builders that are actively building and selling homes. New build homes are NOT referenced as part of the above numbers, because they are not listed in the MLS.
Also note, the ‘average price’ for homes and price per square foot are ‘averages’. Obviously since they are ‘averages’ there will be some homes selling for either less than, or for more than those ‘average numbers’. )
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)