The new year began with an upswing in sales in Gold Canyon Arizona real estate. (Thank you “snow-birds” and Canadians.) Typically the winter months in Arizona show an increase in sales during the cold months as our winter visitors come to Arizona to escape the cold temps and decide it is “the year” to buy an Arizona home, so they can enjoy the winter sunshine here every year with a place of their own. So for month ending January 2011 there was a slight increase in homes sold in Gold Canyon – more homes sold in January 2011 than any single month since May 2010. The average price per square foot of the homes sold is back up to the November 2010 range — showing January 2011 to be an average of $102.77.
January 2011 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
January 2011 sales at a glance shows slightly more Gold Canyon homes sold than in December 2010.
- In the Gold Canyon Arizona area, 44 homes sold in January 2011.
- Average price per square foot for sold homes in January 2011 was $102.77.
- Average price of homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in January 2011 was $257,306.
- Distressed properties – of the 44 homes sold in the Gold Canyon Arizona area in January 2011, there were 22 of the properties sold that were “distressed”***. Average price per square foot for “distressed” homes sold in January 2011 was $91.44.
- Number of homes on market in Gold Canyon Arizona during January 2011 – there were 376 homes on the MLS.
- Based on 376 homes on the MLS, at the current rate of home sales this is a 9 month inventory of homes.
(** A “distressed” home means either a home is a “short-sale” or one that has foreclosed.)
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)