Gold Canyon residential home sales during May 2018 showed a couple more homes sold for the month than were sold in the April sales period. Looking at the monthly sales from an annual perspective, the number of homes sold during May was pretty much exactly what we have seen during May in the each of the previous two years. Seems a number of seasonal visitors always end up closing escrow in May, as they head back to their summer homes.
The average price per square foot for homes sold in May was lower than we saw in April, or in any of the past 4 months.
May 2018 – Real Estate Stats – Gold Canyon Arizona at a glance
Let’s review what happened during May with Gold Canyon area real estate sales.
- May 2018 home sales showed 61 homes sold during the month. There was 1 sale that was a ‘distressed’ sales – (ie, foreclosure or short-sale.)
- Average price per square foot for homes sold in May 2018 was $154.97.
- Average price for homes sold in Gold Canyon Arizona in May 2018 was $302,495.
- Number of homes on the market (MLS) in Gold Canyon Arizona during May 2018 was 180 homes.
- Based on the 180 homes on the MLS there is a 3 month inventory of homes – at the current rate of home sales.
What will happen with the Gold Canyon area home sales as we continue to move through the rest of the summer? Only time will tell — stay tuned.
(Real estate data taken from Phoenix Multiple Listing Service. Information is deemed accurate, but not guaranteed.)